Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Ballerina Effect

There's something magical about ballerinas, isn't there? They're graceful, a dance work of art. I just adore the entire look. They're as girly as you can get. I used to be a ballerina for 3 whole years from age 5-8. I had my tutu, my pink tights, my fabulous bodysuit. I think my mother enrolling me as a child for ballet has given me a lifetime of flexibility because I can still stretch better than other people even if I fall off my exercise routine.



 Pieces for inspiration:

Black skirt, TopShop $65, Cream Skirt, Calypso $49, Gray Skirt, Arden B $48, Charcoal Skirt, Forever 21 $14.80, Blacklace Bodysuit, Forever 21 $15.80, Navy blue bodysuit, Splendid $65, Ivory Dress, 3.1 Phillip Lim $475, Gray Flat, Tory Burch $225, Black flats, Steve Madden $70, Pink flats, Brooks Brothers $45, Cream Flats, Nine West $59, Ring, Betsey Johnson $46, Black Dress, ModCloth $52.99

How to wear it everyday:


 Top, TopShop $28, Skirt, WetSeal $19.50, Flats, Maloles $130, Purse, Calvin Klein $148, Necklace, Old Navy $14.50, Bracelet, TopShop $30, Polish, Sally Hansen 'Spark' $6.50

What do you think? Do you like the ballerina look? Would you wear it?

6 comments:

  1. I love your idea of sporting the ballerina look everyday! I would totally wear the flowy skirt, but with heels coz I'm very short.lol. I especially love the bracelet and I always love that you include the right nail-polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love my nail polishes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ballerina look! Maybe it is because I went to ballet for 10 years... but still love the gorgeous skirts and balletshoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's such a fun girly thing to do, it would liven up any outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved the girly chic a ballet-inspired item brings to an outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete