Monday, March 8, 2010

Score Her Look: Letizia Ortiz aka: Princess of Asturias

Yes, I have a thing for royalty. I am attracted to them in films, books, history etc. they are inspiring. In this day and age their mistique has been replaced by movie stars, singers, models... but there was a time when a Princess or a Queen ordained fashion. You have films like Marie Antoinette, The Duchess, etc that portray this lost realism.

So in modern times it's a treat to find a royal that inspires me in the same way.

Hence Letizia Ortiz, Princess of Asturias. I absolutely LOVE her fashion sense. She's poised, modern, unafraid and will not hide behind a stiff suit like many others would. She's the Michelle Obama of Spain and she's not often featured in style editorials. Which I think it's a shame.

So without further a due, here she is...






I love it. LOVE it. The colored tights, the coats, the pencil skirts, the colorful scarfs, the pumps, the bags, the perfect hair. Simplistic makeup and nails. Well put together without being boisterous or boring. A lovely medium.

Pieces she would love

Outfits inspired by her style

What are you thinking? Are you loving her style as much as I am?

2 comments:

  1. The princess of Asturias is called Letizia Ortiz, no Cruz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dully noted, I will change it. One more reason why you can't trust wikipedia.

    ReplyDelete