Wednesday, September 23, 2009

today's outfit: the fall maxidress

Today I was feeling rather bohemian. Well... as bohemian as a preppy girl who loves Mary-Janes can be. The trick to being a preppy-bohemian is all in the print of the dress and how you accessorize because this can turn into an ugly mess very quickly. And yes, I wore this to the office (I have a relaxed office, I wouldn't wear this if I still worked in the law firm). This is a way to still enjoy your Summer Maxi dress but warm it up a bit so it's appropriate for the cooler weather you're feeling.


Dress by Rachel Pally $154, Cardigan by Express $49.50, Sandals by Dolce Vita $107, Bag by Aldo $39.98, Necklace by Faith $29.50, Polish by OPI in Sizzling Saphire $8

I always wear a tubetop under this dress because I dont want to go around looking like Serena Van der Woodsen, so for the office I put under the dress something like this shapping cami. The thing is? This outfit can be made already with the stuff in your closet. Pair your maxi dress with a fitted cardigan, your gladiator sandals and accessorize with the rest. And if you're meeting the girls or the boyfriend after work for drinks, loose the cardigan and you're set! Have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment